You can use Docker to download and run the app locally in two steps:
- Install Docker from https://www.docker.com/community-edition#/download
docker run -i -t -p 8000:8000 quay.io/parsingphase/takeaticketat a command line to download & run the image
Note that both these downloads are quite large, but both only need to be downloaded once until an update comes along:
- Docker itself is about 100MB
- The image is about 750MB - any docker experts who want to put it on a smaller image are welcome to contribute
The docker version of this software is not designed as a full production system, but you can use it on a closed system if you understand the following limitations:
- The admin account/password is set to ‘admin/admin’ - changing it is currently an advanced operation, see below.
- If you stop the running docker image, your queue and song list will be wiped.
- The image contains a small example song list, but you can upload more via the admin interface
Options for those comfortable with Docker
- You can change the admin password by connecting to the container and running
./bin/console fos:user:change-password admin NEWPASSWORD
- The sqlite database is held at
/app/var/dband initialised from
/app/sql/db-sqlite.sql, should you want to extend the Dockerfile to mount the database for persistence